Week of June 26
The General Prosecutor of the Republic, Rodrigo Janot, is expected to present an accusation against President Michel Temer to the Federal Supreme Court (STF). Members of the Public Ministry will elect Janot’s replacement on Tuesday, June 27, as he will leave his post in September. In the Senate, the CCJ will vote on Labor Reform and the Senate floor may vote on the end of re-elections. The CMN may reduce the inflation target for 2019 from 4.5% to 4.25%.
This week’s Talking Points:
• Support for the government increased in May
• Separate PGR accusations prolong wear on the government
• Pension Reform on hold
• The current political scenario ignites debate on Political Reform
• A “recall proposal” is difficult to implement
• Crisis in the party system is changing the scenario for 2018
• Disapproval of the Temer administration hits 69%
Now read on...
Register to sample a report